Some discovery questions.
A few ideas to help you get started on the video brief. 140 words of voice per minute of animation is a good guide.
1. Who is the main target audience? Are there any secondary audiences to be considered?
2. What does the target audience already know or understand about your company, product or service? Does the target audience have any preconceptions that need addressing? Do they have any prejudices that we should aim to overcome?
3. What is the main objective or goal of the video? What are the metrics you’ll use to determine success?
4. What is the primary or key message to get across to the viewer? Are there any secondary messages?
5. What problem in your market does your product or service solve? What top level benefits would your customers learn about your product or service from the video?
6. If you were the customer, why would you find the content of the video valuable?
7. Does the video explain how your company, product or service is better than the competition? What are your USPs?
8. Are there examples of other companies doing a similar thing?
9. Where will this video live? Website, social media, landing pages etc?
10. Where does the content of the video fit into the buying cycle?
11. What action do you want the customer to take after viewing the video? Is the call-to-action clear?